Monday, November 7, 2016

November 7.

Today I am thankful for food.

 While this sounds totally generic, when I went to Colombia this year, I saw what it meant to not have food and it broke my heart. I have learned to be grateful for this. (And feel so bad every time I waste it.)
  I am thankful for my husband who is an absolutely amazing cook (because I am totally not!). I am thankful that we have the money to buy groceries every week. There was a time in life we barely scraped by. I am thankful for the farmers who grow our food. I am thankful for a stove on which we can cook.
 These things sound pretty generic, but the truth is, I love food, and I am thankful that there isn't a day that goes by that I worry about not having it. God is good in His provisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment