Saturday, November 19, 2016

November 19

From 78 degrees to 37 degrees in less than 24 hours! Welcome to Ohio, my friends!
 Tomorrow's race will be one to bundle up for, that is for sure! But I think it will be so fun. Today when we went and picked up our race bibs, I got to watch Danielle experience her first expo as a participant. (Of course she had experienced the AFM expo, but as staff, that is a whole different story.)  It was so fun to see her excitement and to take in the experience with her. Sometimes I forget what it's like to be a "new" runner.
 Although she says she may never do another race again. Tomorrow she endeavors into the longest race she has done yet. I can't wait! But I suppose that will be more for tomorrow's blog.

 Today I will share that I am thankful for the friendships I have been given. If you haven't figured it out, I am a people person. Relationships are very important to me and I don't take them lightly. I care about the people I get to know, maybe even to a fault. Some friends come and go. Still others are friends from across the miles but we still can pick up where we left off at any time.
 I have made some new friends this year that have become substantial to my life in a way I never expected. People who have become so close, I feel I have known them my whole life. Friendships I prayed for and was handed in such an unexpected way. I have said goodbye to some others, and not always so easily. Letting go of people is always hard for me.
 I can't begin to name the people here who have made a difference in my life because the list would tell too many stories for one blog. The point is, sometimes I struggle with wanting deeper friendships- the truth is, not everyone can handle my vulnerability and deep seeded thinking. But that is ok. I have come to appreciate all levels of friendships . And those who are the deep thinkers and those who open up their hearts to me.... you know who you are and I am more grateful for you than you can ever know. Friendships help shape me as much as I hope I contribute something to others' lives.

 Tell the friends in your life you are thankful for them! It can easily be taken for granted but there may be a day that that person isn't around as much. I am blessed to have some very special people in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment