Thursday, November 10, 2016

November 10

I am thankful for photos.
  A picture is worth a thousand words, they say. I agree with this statement.
On my sad days, I often look at pictures and smile. When I miss my mom, having photos of her means remembering and embracing. I have documented nearly all my races through photos, and when I look back on all of them, there is a memory in every journey. Pictures of the beach or the beautiful Utah mountains bring serenity to chaos. Looking back on my kids' younger years tells a story. Sometimes I forget about something until I pull up an old photo and then I get to tell the story all over again for whomever will listen. Pictures from the AF marathons I have worked remind me how far I have come and those who I have met along the way.
 The list goes on for all the reasons I am thankful for photos. They pretty much bring me joy. It's kind of a funny thing, I guess, to say I am thankful for. I'm not the greatest at taking them, but I get such joy from looking through them.

 Pictures tell stories. And I love to hear people's stories and yes, I like to tell mine, too.
 It would be too difficult to share my favorite photos here because I have too many. So, I choose to just share a few of my favorites from this year- 2016.

Me and Joseph after one of his Cross Country Meets

Our Staff after the 20th Air Force Marathon

Me and Paula, BFF, Ziplining

Me and my brothers. One was poking me and one was trying to push the camera out of my hand. Both were making me laugh
Me and Paola. This is my favorite photo from the year. The joy I felt is radiating from my smile. This captures me. Plus, I love Paola to death. 

The kids on the beach in Alto de Julio, Colombia. Notice the free-roaming pig. This village is a lost paradise. 





Love these guys! James, Eric, Paula Lou and me escaped to Miami Beach for a short time while in between flights.

Paula, me, Paola. "Duck Face" Which I never did very well. We were the 3 musketeers

The 3 of us spent a lot of time digging this hole. Eric, Juan, and myself. They became my brothers. 

Very Special Young Lady, Mileth. 

Definitely not my best photo, but this race is the favorite one I ran this year (so far). Not because it was a beautiful course, but because this race taught me I can do anything. There was sleet, snow, hail, rain and COLD! And it was May! But I ran this race unlike any other one this year. Maybe because I was so cold. 1 minute off a PR, this race showed me I am capable of far more than I think. 

These guys! I love them to death! They've been there for me for everything! And they flew in to come run my mom's 5K. They surprised me and showed up race morning...from Florida! Amazing friends. Best of friends. Dug and ten
Elizabeth and I at the Lion King. An amazing mother/daughter day! 

Family Vacation in the PA mountains. Hiking. One of my favorite things to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment