Friday, January 2, 2015

The Little Moments

Last year, I attempted to make Friday become a place to share the little moments through the week that meant big smiles/memories. I wasn't totally successful at always doing that, but I intend to be more diligent about that this year. About sharing those moments here. But even if I miss the opportunity to post them here, I am setting out to be more diligent to record little moments on a daily basis. 
 Why? Because on those hard days, which will happen inevitably, I want to be able to remember the little moments that matter. After all, I believe it's the little things in life that have the potential to make a difference. We just have to recognize those moments. So, the last moments of 2014 and the first of 2015....
  - Playing Fibbage with the family and laughing over misspellings and crazy answers (Like Joseph's answer "Shootgun" instead of shotgun )
      - Sharing a glass of champagne at midnight for the new year.
         - Recognizing and embracing who some of my truest friends are, and being ok with who wasn't
 - Snuggles with my puppy
  - A New Year's Day run in the sun. Cold? Yes! But you can't beat that the sun was out in January
    - A simple, thoughtful gift, of a protein shake mix and bonus of a shaker to go with it, which meant I was being listened to when talking about it all
   -Sushi lunch and insightful conversation with my good girlfriend
     - Hard as it's been, the reestablishment of the habit of daily situps and squats feels good.
       - Finishing a good book
      - Kind words of inspiration from a good friend I much needed to hear
  - Panera breakfast with an encouraging woman

 I love my little moments!

No comments:

Post a Comment