This week has been encouraging. Encouraging conversations , moments, and people. This week as I reflect at my list of things for which I am grateful this week, and I smile.
There is a saying found in churches, but one which I have come to embrace and say quite often. And even often times, my closest friend(s) will finish the statement with me.
God is good... ALL the time.
Yes He is. Every moment. Even in those difficult moments, He is good. All the time. How do I know this? Because of all the little moments that happen through the week. It's obvious to see He is good in the big moments, right? But those little moments...He is in those too. He is good.. All the time. And all the time, He is good. Here are some of my little moments this week:
- I've had some precious time with my son lately. We have shared a couple of Starbucks dates, playing games and sipping our drinks and laughing. Very good bonding moments I hope are a new tradition of sorts.
- When I have prayed for some specific things this week, I have seen God answer. Oddly enough, I didn't even realize it, but when I stopped to think about it, the little moment definitely was an answer to prayer. A quick text from Jenny. A phone call from Michelle. 2 of my very long distance friends who both reached out to me on the same day... God definitely knew and heard my prayers that day.
- You know the old saying of putting a string around your finger to remind you of something? I got a ring this week to have the same effect. I got a ring with a bible verse close to my heart, reminding me His plans are best for me. Good reminder, if you ask me. :)
- God's patience. I have been reminded of that this week and it makes me smile.
- Cranking up the music and singing and dancing while I cleaned.
- My health. Often I take this for granted, but every now and then I am reminded how fortunate I am to be as healthy as I am.
- New blogger friends. I love the blogging world!
- Movie night out as a family- Night at the Museum. Not only was the movie itself good, but the previews for some of the new family friendly movies coming out had me laughing hysterically. Laughing always feels good.
- Birthday donuts. It would have been my mom's birthday this past week. I miss her very much. When she passed away, doing a birthday cake for her felt odd, so we started the tradition of birthday donuts instead. Mom would have been 66 this week. Not a day goes by I don't think about her. But the process is different now. Happy Birthday, mom. I will likely always celebrate her birthday. Without that, there would be no me!
The little moments.... They are small and almost unrecognizable at times. But make up some of the best moments over time. One day at a time.