Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Trial Blog

As if I don't have enough things in my life, or enough pages to check when I'm on the internet, I decided for some unknown reason to try out a blog. Sometimes I may blog something silly. Or something that no one else may care about. Some days I might get really personal.
 A blog is a tricky thing, because it is the beginning of allowing people I may not even know all that well into the cracks of my life. But it also something that could be used by God to help someone. So, I'm giving it a shot. I am no writer by any means. BUT i am on quite a journey, and maybe something I have to say may be helpful to someone. Or make someone laugh. Or maybe I'll learn to laugh at myself in the process.
 I guess we'll see how long this lasts. Seriously, I work full time at Starbucks. I am a mother of 2 children. I'm a wife. I am a runner. I am grieving and trying to figure life out now with having just lost my mom. So....it goes without saying that I have a lot of things in life. I journal on my own...and I probably won't get quite as personal here as I do in my own journal. That's between me and God mostly. But, I'll try this out.
 Today I started a 21 day adventure of sorts, inspired by my friend, Jenny. She is someone I've known for 10 years. And she is a gift to me. We lost touch for a bit-she lives in Florida and I in Ohio. But through running and through God's amazing ways, we've reconnected and she means so much to me. Anyway, the 21 day adventure mostly is about doing 21 days straight of exercise for 30 minutes straight. I am a runner, but i take days off. So this will be an interesting test for me. But i'm excited for it. It's a very healthy outlet for me.  Not to mention it will help not only my waistline, but more so, my spirits-emotionally and physically. Anyway, Jenny is my partner in this. Today was day 1. Since I plan to run my first full marathon in September, today was the start to start that training. (i've done half marathons, so it's not like i'm starting from nothing.) So for today I took the kids and the dogs to an empty parking lot nearby and I did a sprint workout . Basically 60 sec. sprints, 30 sec slowdown and so forth.It's not the technical way of doing speed workouts, but having both the kids and the dogs there, it worked for today for a 30 minute workout. It felt good to be outside. Felt good to sprint til my head hurt. Felt good to watch the kids participating in their own way without knowing it. Good start.
 My blog url title Java Jogger comes from a title I came up with for my team at Relay for Life...the American Cancer Society's event to raise money to fight cancer. I started a team last year. This year I have a team again, and the meaning is even stronger after losing my mom to the ugly disease. And next year I'll have a team there again, but I'll also be chairing the event. That's another story for another day. For now, I close with a verse that was always read off to me as a runner, but has truly taken on a totally new meaning to me and one that I now count as a "life verse" and true goal
 1 Corinthians 9:24-26
 "Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize?Run in such a way that you may obtain it.And everyone who competes for the prize is temperate in all things. NOw they do it to obtain a perishable crown, but we for an imperishable crown.Therefore, I run thus: not with uncertainty.Thus I fight: not as one who beats the air. But I discipline my body and bring int into subjection lest, when I have preached to others , I myself should become disqualified."

No comments:

Post a Comment