Friday, January 27, 2017

The Little Moments


 This week on "The Little Moments" ......

 1. Saturday I got to take my kids and a couple of their youth group to Winter Jam in Columbus. A concert full of great Christian bands (including one of my most favorite, Crowder) I love making memories with my kids! I love seeing them be silly and laugh and smile. I love watching them in their element.

 2. Learning to laugh. I intended to blog on this story, but it'll just have to settle into being a little moment in the week. With my word being vivacious this year and learning to live life to the fullest this year, I am working on laughing at myself a little more and trying to be a little less serious at times when it comes to how I feel about myself. This week was the perfect opportunity. I totally messed up dinner one night. (Refresher.... I am not the cook of the family at all. Michael is. But with his schedule having changed, I have taken over that role... and it's quite the interesting learning journey!)  Between a small grease fire (it didn't last long!) in the oven and forgetting to turn on the crock pot on time, the meals this week have been less than thrilling. But the kids have been gracious and we have survived it. And instead of crying about it.... I laughed and ran out for some fast food. Hey.... you cannot improve if you never mess up! (don't worry- the minor grease fire was very minor and was only a few seconds and did no damage to anything )

 3. Free Groceries!!   That thrilled me! I ran to the store for some ingredients (does anyone else ever end up getting an extra thing they were not intending to get every time they go to the store??) and when I was checking out, the cashier said "Would you like to use your pharmacy points?"  I was confused. I said in response, "Do you mean gas points?" (Kroger gives you gas points when you shop there.)  And he said, "No, you have pharmacy points. You can use them now if you want." I was still confused, so he turns the screen around for me to see and confirms with the other cashier and she said "You earned free groceries for switching to the Kroger pharmacy."   Who Knew??? I had no idea that was the case!! But of course I won't turn down free groceries! Surprise to me! And thank you Lord :) I even still have some leftover to use when I do my actual grocery shopping this weekend. Yay for free groceries!

 4. A day off. On Monday I took the day off. For no reason honestly except to take a day off. For the first time in a few years, Michael was at work and the kids were at school and I had the house to myself. It was so quiet....and so refreshing. I needed that. Random days off are good for the health.

 5. Clear Lip Gloss. I am not a make-up person, but I do enjoy lip gloss. I am thankful for it during this winter when my lips seem to be forever chapped in this forever changing weather.  It's a silly thing, but nonetheless, I am thankful for it.

 6. Wheel of Fortune. Ok, you can call me nerdy or old or whatever you wish with this particular "little moment" but Joseph and I have taken to watching Wheel of Fortune together. And if I walk out of the room for a moment, he will call me back in to help him solve the puzzle. This is truly one of those little things that is sort of silly, but something that makes me smile.

 These day by day things, these little moments that compile over the week, these are what make up the moments of life. One day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment