Friday, January 20, 2017

The Little Moments

 This week on The Little Moments....

 1. A New 10K PR!

 2. Hanging out with my kids at the school basketball game

 3. Celebrating my mom's birthday. We like to still remember her, and this year we celebrated her by making her homemade brownies- a dessert I have not eaten in years. Both my kids said they liked it better than box mix brownies! Mom would have been 68 this year.


 4. A day off with my husband. When life is crazy and schedules are opposite, a rare day off together is much-needed. Thankful for this.

 5. Finding a great book- I discovered this book oddly enough at the race expo last weekend and picked it up and it is absolutely fascinating to me. Switch on Your Brain is a book which links science and the Bible together in regards to how the brain is wired. When I find the time to read... I can't put it down. It is completely fascinating to me.

 6. Beautiful music that is soothing for the soul. I can't stop listening to this song. It truly brings a sense of peace to sing with it.


 7. Kraft Mac N Cheese. It's really the little things in life. With just me and the kids home for dinner right now, we are rediscovering some of the simple things we have not eaten for a long time (Michael is definitely a fancier cook than I am!) But we devoured the simple box mac n cheese. Healthy? No. But it brought a smile and every bite was worth it.

 8. WhatsAp. Do you know about this? It's sort of like a text app. But for me, the cool part about it is that you can plug in any number, world wide. Which allows me to communicate regularly with my Colombian friends at the tap of a "send" button. I don't have to wait for email or FB messenger or be charged extra for sending a message across the world. I especially love when we "voice text" each other, because it allows me to feel like we are conversation. Sometimes there is beauty in technology.

 9. Lastly, another YouTube video. I follow a few podcasts/videos that I have found bring me encouragement to listen to during the day. This one I watched multiple times.


No comments:

Post a Comment