Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Becoming Grateful...One day, one gift at a time.

Recently a good friend of mine told me about a book called "One Thousand Gifts". This book is on my list of reads for this summer. I'd like to own the book, not just get it from the library, so I will wait patiently until I have a few extra dollars.  The point is, though, that this woman wrote a book about things for which she was grateful. This woman has experienced some terrible hardship in her life....far more than what I have experienced.
 So in pondering this concept, even though I haven't read the book yet, I am attempting to follow that same concept. I will not post every day; but once a week, I will post things for which I am grateful. There are a lot of obvious things I could write down....my husband, my children, my job, my family, etc. But I am going to dig deeper and find those little things throughout the day. I want to share those moments with you. This will help me in my journey of healing these days...and maybe it will help you as well. Maybe you'll even join me in picking up the book as well. Anyway, that all being said, I am choosing just 3 little things to share today: things for which I am thankful...moments which bring joy in the midst of a life full of chaos. These things are the things which remind me that life is about so much more than pain.

 1. My children's laughter while the freezing cold water sprayed us while we washed the car.
 2. My friends A.N. and T.G.They know me each morning without my having to say a word. And they either make me laugh silly and give me hugs or listen to my "woes" and hug me. They each brighten my day...every day.
 3. My husband's offer to order pizza tonight so I wouldn't have to cook.

These things seem simple...but they speak volumes to me. And this is my start in becoming more grateful one day at a time. I look forward to reading the book. Leave a comment here if you read and want to share with me something simple for which you are grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment