Friday, July 28, 2017

The Little Moments


It has been some time since I have written one of my "little moments" post. There is no better time than the present! Having a fresh perspective on life and priorities makes one see all those little moments all the more. Here are a few from the last few weeks...

1. Beautiful new friendships with people in another country. I am so blessed to have some people I can call on to be in my corner here, but also in another country, in another language. They make me smile.

2. A very nice 35 birthday. Last week I turned 35 and now I enter into a new year. I always love those fresh starts. I don't know what this year will hold, but every year I am finding  I am growing more and learning more and becoming a stronger me. I am blessed. And... I got some pretty awesome cards and love from special people on my day. 

3. Running. I have not blogged a lot about that lately- don't worry- it's coming soon! But as I begin to gear up again for the fall races, I am thankful for that outlet and my health to do so. 

4. Pictures. Spend much time with me and you will learn I take a lot of photos! Photos capture the memories and I am so thankful to have them on the days I need a smile or a reminder.

5. A picture of love and sacrifice. I am not going to go into great detail on this one, but every now and then I get this glimpse of someone willing to sacrifice greatly for my greater good and it's something I hold on to without taking it for granted.

6. My siblings. I am forever thankful for them. My brother came to town recently and we had a wonderful time hanging out. And then I got to go visit my sister for a day and we enjoyed time laughing and sharing. My older brother, while quite busy, and I share a love of coffee and enjoy conversations over cups of joe. We all happen to be born in July, too, so we have had some special moments this month together.

 7. My job. How often do we take our income and our job for granted? Or go through the motions of "just needing to work" . I am like everyone else and have my days I will complain, but honestly, I have been so blessed in my work. I love what I do. I have a great boss and good coworkers. My job has allowed me to meet so many people from all different walks of life. And my job provides for my family. I am thankful for this and it has not gone beyond me in the last couple of months what this blessing is. 

8. No TV. Ever gone a few weeks without TV? It's been a recent experiement, for lack of a better word, in our home, and I have been loving it. It won't last, but during these weeks the evenings have been filled with scrapbooking, games, conversations with my kids, reading, and lots of writing. (not blogs, per say, but writing in general.) That can be done with the TV on, but it isn't the same. It's been refreshing for me. 

9. Concerts and Conversations. I thoroughly enjoyed going to an outdoor concert recently with my friend Ginifer. We laughed and cried and talked and sang and it was fun to be carefree for a few hours. 

  Because I have not written these moments out in a while I could make a list a mile long. But we'll start from this one and try to get back to this habit. TGIF my friends! What blessings can you find in the little moments today? 

No comments:

Post a Comment