Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Coffee For Your Heart: You Are Significant

As 2014 is on its way, and we launch into all new projects, resolutions, goals, ideas and plans, I wanted to take a moment to tell you something.
 come closer…
  Grab your coffee…
I want you to know
   That YOU are significant. You matter.

I spent time in my life looking for this in wrong places at times; People would tell me, but I didn't believe them. I also had people ask me, "Don't you want to do more with your life than coffee?" Those words held a strong grip on my view of my own significance for a long time until I chose to break free from them and see what God wanted me to see in me. I really hope you will hear my heart on this and know that YOU are so significant.

  Your worth is not in your job, your tittle, your accomplishments, others' words, others' opinions or even in how you might view your own life.
 You are significant because….
      God created you unique.
 There is no other you.
         No one person in this world holds your talents, your thoughts, your desires or your abilities.
 No one person can do all that you do.

 Are you a stay at home mom?
   Are you a secretary?
       Are you a writer?
            Are you a project manager, a IT person, a party planner?
    Are you a barista?
Maybe a single parent striving to figure things out…
 Perhaps you may even have a title like a VP or CEO.
 Maybe no one even knows what you really do.
That isn't what matters, though...
       All of those jobs are important, but don't define you.
 YOU are significant because HE said so.
    You are loved, forgiven, important, chosen and a child of the One true King.
What could possibly be more significant than that??

   You are you….and the only one. So live the day to the fullest, and smile.
 Because you are significant. You matter.
                       


4 comments:

  1. Rachel-Thanks for sharing about significance today! Isn't insignificance a lie that the enemy often likes to throw at us as women? Thanks too, for linking up at Coffee For The Heart! I hope to read more of your writing this year during the Wednesday link up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jacqui
      I loved your writing today. So so true and yet so difficult at times, too. Thanks for reading mine and I look forward to getting to know you more and reading more of your heart!

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for linking up today with Coffee for Your Heart, friend! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holley, I am pleased to be a part of this!! Thank YOU , my friend!

      Delete