Friday, January 17, 2020

The Little Things

It is as I have always said, truly the little moments in life are the ones we need to embrace; the moments we will want to hang on to forever.  Yet, somehow they are often the ones overlooked.

  This year, for my word, I have chosen Live Abundantly. Yes, that's two words. However, I am already finding depth in them. I will share about those another day.  However, being conscious of living abundantly truly does mean, in part, taking in all of the little moments. Thus, I will work to return to this habit on Fridays of collecting the little moments for a time to reflect and smile, To live abundantly and be joyful.

 - I forgot how tiring going to class and working can be. Classes started again this week. However, I also nearly forgot how much I enjoy the challenge of learning and taking in the experiences of being stretched and soaking in new information. My class on Human Rights this semester is already proving interesting.

- It's the little things- like having a winter snow hat I love to protect my ears from the whipping wind. The hat has a "fur" ball on top. It isn't really fur, but it looks like one. It wraps my head in warmth and makes me smile.

- It's something as simple as my husband starting my car for me in the morning when I didn't ask, just because he knows I like getting into a warm vehicle.
 
 - It's baking a new cake recipe, taking a risk, but thoroughly enjoying the process of experimenting a new taste.

 - It's picking up my daughter from work at 9:45 and listening to her stories of the day on the ride home.

 - It's making time to write again. Though the blogs may be geared differently and perhaps not as frequent, writing again makes my heart happy.

  These are fleeting moments, but ones that make me smile upon remembering. Time marches on rapidly.

No comments:

Post a Comment