Sunday, February 3, 2013

2013 Linda A. Ferguson Memorial 5K

I am pleased to announce that the registration is now open for the 2013 Linda A. Ferguson Memorial 5K!
 I know to some of you,it seems early to open it, since the event isn't until October 12, 2013, but the earlier people register, the better the event will be!
 Our team is in full swing of planning. We have some great things in store for our event this year and those include:
    - A kid's fun run! 15$ registration for this. The event will be a half mile long and a lot of fun for the kids!
    - A new Course! It's NCAA certified and it's a cross country course! This course is still in Cedarville, but it is on University property, and it's a really nice course! We are so excited to partner with the University to use their course!
    - A bigger, better silent auction!! We have a lot of neat items we will be featuring this year, with a lot of opportunity to bid on it. We have spent the last few months tweaking how we did that in last year's event, and we have decided the silent auction will be our best avenue.
    - The first 10 people to register will get a 10$ gift certificate!
   -This year anyone can go to the website to register OR donate! www.lindaafergusonmemorial.com



Some moments it still seems unreal that I am planning an event in memory of my beautiful mama. But it is true. However, It is a torch of her legacy that is continuing to burn. This event is another piece of the dreams that burn inside me. I have a dream to grow this event into a longer race. I have a dream that this year alone we double the amount raised. I have a dream that this race will draw in hundreds and hundreds and one day thousands of people....all in order to grow this scholarship in memory of my mom. All in the pursuit of helping nurses who are studying to help patients with cancer.  I love doing this event. This year, we are starting way earlier on all of our planning. I have added a couple of people to my planning team, and it's shaping up to look like a great  year. I am very excited to see what God can and will do with this year's event. This is in memory of my mom, but it is all for the glory of God and furthering His kingdom.
     1 Corinthians 10:31 "Therefore, whatsoever you do, whether it is to eat or drink, do all to the glory of God. "
 One day at a time, we are working to build our event, and to grow the scholarship, and to further His Kingdom. One day at a time, He is chiseling away at my dreams-bringing them into fruition. I am so excited to watch it unfold!
    For More Information, please contact me, Rachael McKinney at lindaafergusonmemorial@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment