Friday, May 8, 2020

The Little Things

It has been a bit since I've posted a blog about "the little things" in life that make me smile.

 It is important, especially in times like these, to focus on those moments because the "big things" certainly can become overwhelming and consuming. Thus, as I sit in my chair on this very rainy Friday in Ohio, I reflect on my week and some of the little things that have made me smile...

~ Ending the semester with a  4.0 in what began as my most challenging semester (and ended the same) ever. Proof that the harder it can be, the more it can push  me to grow.

~ Spending a day doing beauty masks and making pancakes and painting with my daughter

~ Playing games with the kids and laughing over nothing.

~ Discovering an old photo of me and mom I love, thanks to my sister for digging through her library of photos to find the original.

~ Finding more grey hairs on my head :) And embracing it!

~ Good friends willing to collaborate with all my dreamy ideas for the foundation Footprints with Hope

~ TRX Straps! Thanks to a kind soul from a local gym who is lending them to me, I can get back to that workout after (far too much) time off from strength training.

~ Journals and gel pens. I love penning my thoughts in the old fashioned way. I want to remember these days of strange times and forced changes even if they are hard because they are pushing me to grow and I don't want to forget.

~ Coffee. Can I say coffee every time? I miss my coffee dates with friends so much. But I love holding the cup of joy in the morning hours or over a Zoom call or after dinner to wind down.

 It's the little moments which so easily can slip through the cracks of the days and the frustrations and I don't want to blink and miss them and wish I'd better embraced those things each day. Life is a journey, especially right now. The growth is hard but will be beautiful in time. I am thankful for the little things, one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment