Sunday, September 17, 2017

The Little Things

The reality for me today as I sit and write is that I have had a crazy, chaotic, phenomenal week and my head and heart are processing those details and lessons and memorable moments.
 So as I work through that, I want to share in the midst of that some of the little moments that bring me smiles and will continue to do so for weeks to come, just as do the other little moments.

 1. When it's 7 am, I didn't sleep much because I can't shut off my  brain and I'm grabbing some quick things from the office on the way to do marathon expo set up and my co-worker calls to say he left a coffee on the desk for me. And a large one at that.


2. When you have a friend who is sweet enough and close enough I feel comfortable to ask to go pick up my prescription because I simply can't make it there and she gladly takes time out of her day to do so (...and come with a coffee in hand as well! ) (side note.. I might like coffee a little too much )

3. Hugs upon hugs from friends I only get to see once a year who have become a little family to me.

 4. Candy Corn White Chocolate M&Ms. Strange, but so deliciously good for a sweet treat.

5. Good friends I can count on when I need help... and new willing ones to jump in

6. Foggy, cool mornings

7. Seeing the sun rise

8. Sunglasses. For many years I didn't have these because of my eye glasses. This year I spent the money to get a pair of good prescription sunglasses and I am so thankful for them!

9. These girls... They make me laugh sometimes til my sides hurt and they hug me if I cry and we work together as an incredible team.

10. Getting a text when I'm exhausted and hot and thirsty to tell me there's an iced coffee waiting for me, and I was completely not expecting that. (again with the coffee... lol... it's so simple and yet brings me so much joy, and likely more so when it comes as an unexpected surprise)

11. Quiet Sunday afternoons with perfect weather for a little time in the hammock.

1 comment:

  1. You're so right! The little things are the best. Ps now I'm on the hunt for those m&ms!! M&ms are my fave!

    ReplyDelete