Gratitude is often times very difficult to maintain. And in the chaos of life, as I have always said, it's impertinent to take time to recognize those things for which we are grateful. (Especially when it's April out side and snowing!!! Yuck! ) I've not done well with gratitude lately, so here we go. Let's recreate this habit.... again!
1. When your very good friend gives you a gift just because she loves you. :) I was given the cutest coffee mug that tells me I'm loved, along with a painting she made for me! How unexpected and special! I smile as I drink from that mug at work every day.
2. I started a new workout class. TRX. I LOVE it! Oh, it's painful! And I'm terrible at the exercises. But every muscle in my body hurts, which is a good kind of hurt. It's great cross training. I feel healthy afterwards. And it's a new challenge.
3. We awarded mom's scholarship this week. I made a new "friend" and we were able to watch God bless another individual. THAT is what matters in life.
4. A few of my closest friends always remember I love Snoopy. This week I got a text 2 different days from 2 different friends that was the SAME picture! Hmmm... I suppose God is telling me something. I love when a friend tells me she is thinking of me. And when God speaks in the very same manner. It looked like this :
5. I registered for classes for this summer. Yes, friends, I am going back to school. I am going to finally begin what I intended to do 15 years ago. Scary? Yes! But exciting, too. It will be a very long process.... but one day at a time, right??
6. Healing. Life is painful. I love the peace that comes with a healed heart. A wound that heals and reveals a scar, but that scar tells His story, Because it's healed, not open and bleeding any longer. God's grace is absolutely amazing. And healing is beautiful. Even if painful some days.
7. I will be the first to say I am not enjoying this weather. It's April and I am absolutely craving Spring and warmth and it's snowing! However, as my umbrella nearly snapped yesterday in the wind, I was reminded that we cannot appreciate the sun without the clouds, the warmth without the cold, the calm without the storm. And so as much as I am not excited about this current weather, I can choose to view it that way to the best of my ability.
8. Listening to my kids' chatter in the backseat, laughing (and not fighting- a miracle sometimes with 2 teens!) and talking about the nerf war fight they just had at church. Those are the moments that matter.
9. Music. I absolutely love music. It encourages me and inspires me. Current Favorites: Creeré by Tercer Cielo, Just be Held by Casting Crowns, Same Power by Jeremy Camp, Humble and Kind by Tim McGraw.
10. Bacon and Eggs. And avocados. Yum. I'm on a new kick and I'm enjoying it. :)
11. Time with my kids. They were sort of odd moments, but provided time carved out for conversation without all the electronics in front of us. I had Monday with Joseph, where we had a few hours while we were at an appointment, and we talked the whole time. I loved it. Then last night I had the same with Elizabeth. I know my time is quickly slipping away with these 2 beautiful kids.
You guys, it's the little moments that add up to be what matters. One day at a time.