Sunday, August 11, 2019

The Little Things

Many months have passed since I've taken time to write here about the little things of life.
  Those moments that create a mental picture in the memory that weeks later will bring a smile to my face. It is important to slow down and recognize those, no matter how chaotic life can get. As I sit on the patio, taking a few moments to be still this morning after a very busy week, entering into an even busier one, I just want to recognize those moments...

 ~ a gentle breeze, tickling my skin underneath the blue sky, refreshing my soul

 ~ the sound of cicadas in the yard... the beautiful sound of summer. Oh, how I wish time would slow down some moments so I could just drink in this one moment and recall it in the days of chaos.

 ~ A bike ride with the sunrise. Even if not a leisurely one, nonetheless it is a time that still finds joy and smiles and laughs and the beauty of God all around. (And a humble reminder that it is good to do exercises other than running, that my body needs more sometimes)

 ~ I love people. I enjoy talking and listening. I like conversations and laughter. I enjoy the presence of others around me. But I also have learned who the solid few are in my circle at all times. And I am thankful for that handful of friends. Those who stick by me, believe in me, encourage me and knock me over the head when I need it.

 ~ Good books. I have enjoyed this summer having time to read.


 ~ moments with my kids. More than ever, I recognize how my time with them is rapidly disappearing. I am taking advantage of soaking up those moments a little more lately.


 These are just a few of the little things through the week. What were yours? Did you take time to see them in the midst of your busy schedule? I'm re-learning to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment