Friday, July 13, 2018

The Little Things

Today, things that I am grateful for... some little, some big.

 1. A new job. Same office, different focus. It's kind of strange to be in a different desk and it's a little challenging to change the mindset, but it's really exciting to have a new opportunity and see new growth through this. I am thankful.

2. Answers to prayer. We sometimes are told no, we sometimes see a yes. Other times we are told to wait. But it is so incredible to pray in faith, be obedient in my role of the request and watch God do amazing things. I love when that happens.

3. Gladiolus Flowers. My favorites! They are so beautiful and I love what they represent. My friend showed up at my door with them yesterday. They make me smile :)

4. When you get a text that says "Has anyone told you you're amazing today? Because you are."  For really no reason except to encourage me. Things and words like that make me smile and go a very long way.

5. A good, sweaty workout. I do not like stair workouts nor speed workouts and I tend to avoid them, but in the end, I know it's what is good for me and I feel better after I've done one. I'm far from where I want to be physically at this moment in time, but .... back to the basics and enjoying the process of what will be recreating a new routine for me.

6. Education. As hard as this semester has been, I have 3 weeks to go. A 12 week semester, I tell you, has felt like 22 weeks! However, my cultural anthropology class has opened my eyes in many ways, and I have thoroughly enjoyed it. Astronomy, on the other hand, well... not so much. However, through this class I am learning to let go of perfection and accept the challenges that come with this particular class and grow through it. It isn't really about what educationally I am learning in this class so much as what it is teaching me about myself and life.

  Life has challenges and changes... but there are always blessings to be found. These 6 are just a few from my week this week. TGIF my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment